2016 PKU Applied Math Summer School
2016-07-11 ~ 2016-08-05
Peking University's Applied Mathematics Summer School is a program designed to cultivate young talents with an interdisciplinary program. Since its official launch in the summer of 2002, it has successfully held 14 sessions. The summer school curriculum is based on interdisciplinary applied mathematics education. The invited speakers are all well-known scholars in the academic field. The summer school involves four areas of mathematical physics, differential equations, scientific computing and statistical science.
Graduate School of Peking University
Beijing International Center for Mathematical Research
National Natural Science Foundation Tianyuan Fund
2017 "Peking University Applied Mathematics Summer School" will open four courses, as shown below. The curriculum includes several interdisciplinary studies in statistics, computing, mathematics and physics.
This summer school will open 5 courses. The main courses are as follows:
|1. course:||Modeling and Simulation of Rare events|
|teacher:||Weiqing Ren (National University of Singapore)|
|2. course:||Mathematical Introduction to quantum kinetic theory|
|teacher:||Xuwen Chen (University of Maryland)|
|3. course:||Modern Statistical Methods for (Biological) Network Analysis|
|teacher:||Haiyan Huang (UC Berkeley)|
|4. course:||Dynamic Programming and Reinforcement Learning|
|teacher:||Mengdi Wang (Princeton University)|
|5. course:||Stochastic PDEs and regularity structures|
|teacher:||Hao Shen (Columbia University)|
high grade undergraduate students, graduate students and young scholars.
1. Application forms and expert testimonials must be submitted by mail, and candidates for graduate studies must be mentors.
Download URL: http://www.math.pku.edu.cn/amel/- download area.
Address: Liu Yanyun, School of Mathematical Sciences, Peking University, Postal Code 100871. (Only accept EMS Express or postal registration letter)
2. Submit the electronic version of the application form and registration form (word form and excel form, the name of the file is the school name + name) by Email, and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with the format of "2017 Summer School Application Table + name ".
3. The registration deadline is May 15, 2016.
4. Admission results will be announced on June 1, 2016, via web site and email.
1. Organizers provide course materials, students do not pay tuition.
2. During the study accommodation and take care of themselves, for all students apply for a North Carolina card (excluding meals, can recharge their own).
3. After the course is over, a certificate of completion of Peking University Graduate School will be issued to qualified students.